Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dad from Frost

You're gone a lot of the time, so I guess I don't have any room to complain... You're my father... I know that you love me. But if I get close to you, then you're just going to be gone... It's hard... Watching you on the TV...

There's always going to be father/daughter dances... There's going to be plenty of time for you to scare away my dates or my potential boyfriend... I don't know what to tell you, daddy. I know you miss me when you're not at home... You're going to walk me down the aisle someday when I get married...

I know I'm only 10... I shouldn't have much to worry about, right? I should be out playing with my friends, talking with boys, whining that I don't have what "the other girls have". But honestly? I don't want what the other girls have... Not until I'm 16. I don't want a cell phone yet...I'm happy without an Ipod or MP3... Or having all the name brand jeans (Aunt Cherry can make those)...

Maybe I do have a talent with making jewelry, drawing, and art... Maybe I am smart for my age. Does it make me a "freak"? Sure as heck does. Maybe I like all those video games. Maybe I like going hunting. Maybe I like Pokemon and trading cards. Does that make me a nerd? Heck. Yes. Do I like playing MMORPG games online and doing graphic design? Yeah, I do. Just because I have talent...it doesn't make me special. Does it make me unique? Maybe. Mom is so much better at doing everything. She was better at drawing and everything that I'm doing now when she was 7 years old. Mom has amazing skills... I'm not trying to be like her.

Do I have a (un)healthy obsession with Peace signs for my bedroom with soccer? Nah. Never.
Do I have a healthy obsession with Tinkerbell and Mickie Mouse for my bathroom? Nah.

Do I mind babysitting Jayden or Ayva? No, I don't. I don't whine or complain because (not only does mom scare me on that), but I see no point. I see no point in arguing about doing chores when I like doing them. It gives me something to do. (Coming from a 10 year old...). Do I care I only get paid 10$ allowance? No.

I'm not spoiled. I'm not popular at school like Liam is... I play soccer and I do things that I enjoy. Maybe... I let Alex influence me a little... I still do commissions for him.
Unlike other kids, I actually think my parents are cool and I enjoy hanging out with them

I love you, daddy,
Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment