Friday, May 17, 2013

Jana


Jana

            I’ve been having along with the cramps. It’s silly to that that I can’t get back to sleep—I’m only 11 and I need my sleep! Whenever I get up at 4:30am, I shower and head up to the sound proof attic where I work on experiments and other things. I go up there to read and get some alone time—time to gather my thoughts, you could say. The attic is my own chemical laboratory with beakers and test tubes, buntson burners, etc. Nobody really comes up here (maybe my dad)—but I always lock it. I wish that we could move into a bigger place that just so happened to have an abandoned East wing that just so happened to have a chemical laboratory filled with old journals, magazines, and equipment, but I have my own journal(s). They’re filling up my room at a fast pace and I have bins and plastic tubs that are stacked up and I have a photographic memory, so that if I need to go and retrieve something, then I can. I’m smart in Science, Math, and English. I hardly crack open my science book unless I really need too. I’m good in math, but if I need help, then I’ll go ask for it or I’ll just try and figure it out myself first and then if I can’t figure it out, then I will go ask for some help.
            I’ve been up since about 4:45 and I had already showered. While I was waiting for everybody else to get up, I was up in my laboratory drawing. That’s my secret little talent (Well, now that I’m telling you, I guess it’s not so secret anymore!) that nobody else knows (Otherwise it wouldn’t be a secret if everybody else knew!). I go to the art supply store (one of many here in Manhattan) and put them in my backpack so that my parents or little brother don’t know what I’m doing. Well, it’s about 7ish in the morning and I’m eating my Coco Puffs; I love Coco Puffs; my parents are drinking their coffee, getting ready for work and my little brother, Parker, is eating his waffles. He has to go get braces today. I already have my braces, so I don’t really feel sorry for him. My braces are multicolored and I like them; I finished my breakfast and headed for the bus. I paused when my dad called my name;         
            “Want a ride?” He asked
            “No thanks. You have to take Parker to the teeth man today” I stated, my tongue running over my braces.
            “Sure?” He asked as I nodded, heading to the bus stop.
I wear glasses on top of me wearing braces. I got onto the bus when it pulled up and sat in my usual spot and put in my ear buds and listened to my music, looking out the window. Today I’m wearing my Wonder Woman shirt and blue jeans with my black sneakers and my batman buckle belt. My hair was up today as well; I’m in the 5th grade and I’m not popular. Parker is 8 years old and we have a 6 month old little sister—her name is Kira Elizabeth Banner. Anyway, the bus ride was uneventful as usual; once at school, I put my books in my locker. I had science first and we have a test today. So I just brought my pencil case to class. Walking into the classroom, Mrs. Feely smiled at me.
            “Good morning, Jana!” She greeted me as I smiled and took my seat, taking my pencil and eraser out.
            “Good morning, Mrs. Fee!” I greeted back.
            Mrs. Feely is a wonderful teacher who cares about science, her job, and her students. Everybody loves her.
            “I have your homework all graded. You can pick them up after the test” She informed me as I nodded. As the rest of the class started to trickle in, I couldn’t help but notice the storm clouds that were gathering. New York was famous for their thunderstorms, I guess. I wonder if gramma and Thor are sparring again or if this was a real thunderstorm. Anyway, when the entire class was in their seats, Mrs. Feely handed out the test and told the class about the homework. The bell rang as I flipped through the test and began answering.
***
The test took the entire class period for some people. I was done within the first few minutes; thank goodness I brought a book with me. The book I’m reading is Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. I love Harry Potter. I’ve read the entire series at least a dozen times and I’ve seen all the movies more than once. Anyway, I was half way through the book (I had already started it) when the entire class finished. We gathered our homework from Mrs. Feely and left for our next class. My next class was History. Don’t get me wrong, I like History, but I’m more of a Science person. I gathered my History stuff and left for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment