Saturday, March 31, 2012

Shy-Bug

My dearest daughter,

From the moment I held you in my arms, I knew that you would be the perfect little angel. From your big, blue eyes from your natural brown hair and caramel skin, even down to the perfect little grin you gave me. I knew that you'd be perfect. Your father and I did try and make it work, Shy-bug. We did. We tried for you. But in the end, it didn't work. I hope that you don't hate me. I love you, Shy. You're my daughter. I tried to protect you from the world, but letting you explore and find your own wings.
When you told me you were pregnant with Darlene, I was surprised, but I wasn't angry. You were scared and needed my help. You gave birth to a beautiful daughter, Shy, never forget that. She keeps growing everyday. I will always love you, my darling.
Seeing you lying in that hospital bed...It reminds me how fragile you are. How easily that you could be taken away from me. Please, Shy... Wake up and give me that perfect little smile of yours... I miss you, my darling.
Your father...He sits by your bed and stays with you, sometime's talking, sometimes reading and telling you stories. He loves you, Shy... but he understands that you don't love him back. He cares for you, my darling. Wake up soon, my little Shy-bug.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment