Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sam

Sam,
       They are goin' faster. Almost too fast if you ask me. And so's any time we get to spend together, but I have a feelin' we'll survive and come out stronger for it. We usually do.
       Those moments we have during the week... I treasure them. They're what get me through the day when I have to watch you interacting with the rest of the world. They're our little stolen moments of peace, of serenity. Our moments of quiet and of love. When anyone asks how I cope with the workload and stress, I tell them that I look forward to coming home to you. That I hold dear our time together and know you're there gets me through the tours, the matches, travelling from town to town, slowly killing my body for a sport I love. In the end, it's all worth it, 'cause I come home to you, get to see you smile, hear your laugh in person instead of on the phone, hold you in my arms again.
       And the days I'm home with you... I love just holding you, waking up next to you, and waking you up any way I can, just to have the time with you. Though... I'm not particularly proud of pushing you out of bed.
       I love how you love taking care of your flowers. Love watching water them, talk to them... How excited you are about them. And I love how excited you are for it to finally be spring! I love how happy you are when there's a thunderstorm booming and flashing away outside and you're all snuggled into me.
       And I love our chickflick moments, as few as they are. They truly mean a lot to me. Quite possibly more than you know.

Love always and forever,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment