Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dad

I know that we've had our troubles in the past... Back when I was 16 and doing drugs and whoring myself around... Trying to bury the pain... Putting you in all that pain...

I never got to say how thankful I am that you put up with it (Well, after you beat me up).
I never got to say how thankful I am that you still love me

I never forgot the look on your face when I showed you Gabe for the first time. I was only 19 years old.
I never forgot the look on your face when I showed up after Darla and that hell.
I never forgot the look on your face when I got married.

I will always be your little girl, daddy. Always. You did the best damn job in raising Dean, Justin, and I when mom died... I know you miss her, dad... We all do. When Justin died... God... You gave me and Dean the longest lecture we had. You told us to stay alive. We're doing just that, daddy.

Dean is still looking out for me. After years of telling him to "Look out for Sammy" and "Protect your little sister". Dean is still doing that, dad. He always will.

I love you, dad. I know that either of us say it enough-- But we don't have too.

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment