Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shannon

Shan,

God, I fucking hated your guts for years after that. To be honest, I wanted you to just die. You hurt me and I had to literally restrain all 7 of my mates from killing you themselves (Especially Taker). I kept looking at our beautiful daughter and I saw a little bit of you in her. It's the eyes. I hated what you did too me.

But as time went on, I guess my hate for you eased. If Jeffy and I can over-come our issue's, then I guess you and I can also. You know I don't give second chances, Shannon. But I'll give you ONE more chance... My mates aren't that scary... Ha. They're more like... Teddy bears.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, Shannon, is that I guess I love you back. Maybe I'm afraid to re-open old wounds. Maybe I'm afraid to start loving you again. I don't know if I can trust you like I once did... But I know the real you, Shannon.

Those nights I spent holding you while you cried in my arms while we were with Decker, Rider, and Darla... Those years were pure hell. I held you... I comforted you. Then Kat came back and rescued you while I stayed trapped. It wasn't until I came to Mark's pack did I recognize you. Once you spotted me in person, I could see the light returning... The fight...

When Ana was born... God... Those bouncy blonde curls... The wide, innocent green eyes... She still responds when someone asks, "Have you seen the bananas?!"

It'll take me time to love and fully trust you again, Shannon... But do know... For now, it's a temporary love. :)

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment